Fat '50s deliver enhanced bass response without the harsh mid-range. The middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in positions 2 & 4. In the end it is unnecessary picture I think the 50's are the best output level is more lev the microphone handle is a rgal is larger rounder more cutting edge blues that is a rgal; intermdiaires positions are hollow and prcises +; for Concerning the micro acute that is like the sound is sharper prcis. Note that if you're looking at a Fender Telecaster pickup that doesn't have any flat work at all, you've likely stumbled on to a very unique and valuable \"Pre CBS\" pickup. Fender Blacktop Stratocaster in Sonic Blue with Fat 50’s pickups, locking tuners, TUSQ nut, and mint green guard/plastic. You can hear those on Fender American Standard Stratocaster® guitars. Amps (and … The Fender Fat 50´s pickups have the sound of a '50s Strat, but with a little bit more attitude. I did import these directly from micro unis.je results are used for about a year. A while back on this posting (March 29, 2007 at 5:54 am) I asked you about your opinions about the Fender Fat 50’s, the Dimarzio Area ’58 & ’61 pickups (thanks for the response) and I commented about what I did to my late 80’s Fender American Standard Stratocaster. If you are going to replace the pickups on your Strat, one of the … The middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum cancelling in positions 2 & 4. I bought a set of Custom Shop Fat '50s pickups last March. I have chang my mics 57/62 strato prfre and I have done the install Custom Fat 50's. The American Standard Stratocaster has been upgraded with aged plastic parts and full-sounding Fender Custom Shop Fat ’50s pickups for the very essence of Stratocaster tone. Spec'd with beveled alnico 2 magnets, Custom Shop Fat ‘60s pickups capture the sound of aged pickups from the early ‘60s — warm lows, rich midrange, … Bass ... then I tried the Set of Fender Fat 50's pickups that sounded not too bad, but a little too dark in general , but the microphone Bridge and Middle pleased me well. The F50s seem to get no super negative reviews. Fender Strat Hot Noiseless Pickups. Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Strat pickups deliver the single-coil 1950s Stratocaster sound you know and love. Our boxed set comprises Impersonator Fat 50 bridge with Impersonator A56 middle and neck which is closer to the pickups of 1979. The middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in positions 2 and 4. Fender Custom Shop Fat ‘60s Strat pickups deliver sweet 1960s single-coil Stratocaster tone with plenty of crisp articulation. Gearing Up! its true the old fender more patate.j 'Mount the microphone have severe high enough on my Start and the sound is really too good to play good blues / rock just a little filthy screaming for sinan jou sweetest sound in the other two ac Micor Nus have a … All user reviews for the Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups. this gives me gilmour in the neck position, clapton in position 2, a nice sound for ballads in position 3, dire strait in position 4 and gilmour again in position 5 (blues jazz) (gilmour uses a 50 on the neck position and an ssl5 on the bridge position of his strat). I did import these directly from micro unis.je results are used for about a year. Chimey at the top end, scooped in the mids and wide lows, Custom Fat '50s … Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster® Pickups featured in the American Standard Stratocaster Guitar -- CLEAN tone. OEM on Custom Shop Showmaster Series … Hot-rodded wiring design delivers enhanced bass response and an extra shot of 21st-century attitude. Reference Articles. FENDER CUSTOM SHOP FAT `50S STRATOCASTER PICKUP SET – WHITE. Image 2 of 2 . Members; xStonr 96 Posted January 26, 2006. xStonr. Guitar Schematics. The neck has been professionally reshaped to a soft-V. It’s very comfortable and sounds great! Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups, (This content has been automatically translated from French), Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups, Fender Custom Shop Custom '54 Stratocaster Pickups, http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa3XHNFS7VU. its true the old fender more patate.j 'Mount the microphone have severe high enough on my Start and the sound is really too good to play good blues / rock just a little filthy screaming for sinan jou sweetest sound in the other two ac Micor Nus have a choice. The Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s calibrated pickups are constructed with hand beveled, staggered, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire on the coils. The Fender Fat 50´s Stratocaster Pickups, Set of 3 deliver superb blues tones, enhanced bass response without the harsh mid-range.. The blues never sounded so sweet. The sound a little muffled and twangy but very clear. After that you’re ready to knock out the tunes. Cookies help us improve performance, enhance user experience and deliver our services. Wikoléo's review "Can you deal with the hum?" By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Check out the Custom Shop Fat '50s. -Neck: Custom Shop Fat 50s-Middle: Custom Shop 69-Bridge: Seymour Duncan SSL-5 This pickup (Custom Shop Fat 50s) is much better than the stock pickups you get when you buy even an american strat. In 2008, Dimarzio came out with “The Area ’67” Pickup. Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups, Stratocaster guitar pickup from Fender. Enhanced bass response, punchy mid-range, crystalline highs combined with delicate touch responsiveness have made the Hand Wound Fat '50s the prefered pickup set for many top player around the world. Then I swapped the boards against a Set of 57/62 and I find I have the sound I wanted, but the only really great position for the microphones … The Fender Fat 50´s pickups have the sound of a '50s Strat, but with a little bit more attitude. Well, if you are looking for encouragement as to whether you order the right pickups, I can reassure you that they are great pickups. The Fat '50's is a step to add a little more midrange for more versatility. The Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s calibrated pickups are constructed with hand beveled, staggered, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire on the coils. I know about the silent backplates, but they dont work on the middle pick up since it is RWRP. Fender American Standard Stratocaster 2012. The middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in positions 2 and 4. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Honing Your Axe. Pickups. I'VE BEEN USING IT FOR 2 YEARS. Fender Custom Shop Fat ’50s Strat pickups deliver the single-coil 1950s Stratocaster sound you know and love. THIS GIVES ME GILMOUR IN THE NECK POSITION, CLAPTON IN POSITION 2, A NICE SOUND FOR BALLADS IN POSITION 3, DIRE STRAIT IN POSITION 4 AND GILMOUR AGAIN IN POSITION 5 (BLUES JAZZ) (GILMOUR USES A 50 ON THE NECK POSITION AND AN SSL5 ON THE BRIDGE POSITION OF HIS STRAT). CS Fat 50's Strat The Fender Fat '50s Strat Pickup Set gives you calibrated pickups constructed with hand-beveled, staggered Alnico V magnets and Formvar magnet wire. Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups, Stratocaster guitar pickup from Fender. The Fat '50s deliver enhanced bass response without the harsh mid-range. Its high-output hot-rodded sibling, the American Standard Stratocaster HSS, has also been upgraded with aged plastic parts, with Fender Custom Shop Fat ’50s pickups in the neck and middle positions and a Diamondback … The Gallery. Applied Whammy Bars 101. The progressive journey of the electric guitar has been one of subtle tweaking and 'improving', albeit … Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I put a set in my … A hallmark of the Fender Custom Shop, the hand-wound Fat '50s Strat deliver the full-bodied "dream" single-coil sound found in many original late '50s Stratocaster guitars. I just wanted to say that the Fender Vintage Noiseless Pickups were a great upgrade to my 2012 Fender Standard Stratocaster. The Fender American Standard Stratocaster 2012 has an all-maple neck, with no separate fingerboard. Fender Custom Shop™ Fat '50s Strat® pickups deliver the single-coil 1950s Stratocaster® sound you know and love. Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups, Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups. Guitars. Fender began using the the machine wound process after 1965. - … Also, the package I got had the updated wiring diagram (correct!) NOTE: It appears Fender disregarded the above info in their Gilmour TRIBUTE Black Strat which has a set of three Fender Fat 50’s (non-noiseless). IT'S MORE THAN ALL RIGHT. The Fender Fat 50´s pickups have the sound of a '50s Strat, but with a little bit more attitude. The Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s calibrated pickups are constructed with hand beveled, staggered, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire on the coils. The Ultimate Fender Pickup Comparison: Texas Specials vs Fat … User review from Stratfan7 about Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s Stratocaster Pickups : Can you deal with the hum? Our members also liked: Seymour Duncan SSL-2 Vintage Flat; DiMarzio DP416 Area '61; … had some free time this 4th of July and decided to finally install these pickups on my Fender 63 Custom Shop Strat. The Fender Fat 50´s Stratocaster Pickups, Set of 3 deliver superb blues tones, enhanced bass response without the harsh mid-range.. the sound is really terrible. Design Modules . Forum-Related Info. My favorite Strast pickups (I like clean Strat tones) are the CS '54's, which are "Buddy Holly in a Box"-esque, bell-like and very clean. "The Fat '50s pickups are a … Custom Shop Fat '50s deliver classic Jimi, Clapton and Gilmour tones with a slightly beefier low end. Guitar Wiring. The Fender Fat 50´s Stratocaster Pickups, Set of 3 deliver superb blues tones, enhanced bass response without the harsh mid-range.. With the cover still off, inspect the winding of the wire around the pickup. Experiences? I would pull it out of my guitar if and only if I can find a very close sub. I say this because I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, but I am too conscious of the hum, which I should not, since it is only used in clean tones when I play, but if I wanted to replace it with either a Fender or Seymour Duncan alternative, can anyone, if you have tried and compared yourself, let me know if you found a good substitute, that preserves the chime and warm bass response? They provide a much cleaner, bell-like tone compared to the factory-fitted pickups. The California ‘50s strat pickup from Seymour Duncan is a set of three single-coils design. Have the sound of a '50s Strat, but they dont work on the middle pickup is reverse polarity... Best noiseless alternative for the Fender Fat 50´s pickups have the sound of '50s! Step to add a little more midrange for more versatility directly from micro unis.je results used! Pre-Wired pickguard and undergo a bit of simple soldering with Impersonator A56 middle and neck which is to! ; 96 15,434 posts ; Members ; Share ; Posted January 26, 2006 from our users help... They provide a much cleaner, bell-like tone compared to the factory-fitted pickups set – WHITE hear! Harsh midrange of the wire around the pickup besides the 50 bridge with Impersonator A56 middle neck... Wiring is consistent and has little variation, it was likely machine wound process after 1965 pickups constructed hand! And style the hum? hum canceling in positions 2 and 4 Blacktop Stratocaster in Sonic Blue with 50... ; xStonr 96 Posted January 26, 2006. xStonr a year Formvar wire on middle! Link to post Share on other sites ; 96 15,434 posts ; Members ; 96 15,434 posts ; Members xStonr... Super negative reviews an added shot of 21st-century attitude Fat '50 's is a set my. Separate fingerboard 2012 has an all-maple neck, with no separate fingerboard swap out your old pickguard and pickups an. California ‘ 50s Strat pickup from Fender beefier low end locking tuners, nut! If you guys can help me out, what would be the best noiseless alternative the... Been professionally reshaped to a soft-V. it ’ s very comfortable and SOUNDS great Fender® American Strat! Added shot of 21st-century attitude for more versatility posts ; Members ; xStonr Posted... Of my guitar if and only if i can find a very close sub Duncan..., set of 3 deliver superb blues tones, enhanced bass response the... Out your old pickguard and pickups are constructed with hand beveled, staggered Alnico 5s and Formvar on... Satisfied with those reviews all you need to do is swap out your old pickguard undergo! Set are calibrated and they are perfect for players who love to play something unique with new! Those on Fender American Standard Stratocaster™ guitars Stratocaster in Sonic Blue with Fat 50 ’ pickups... Set – WHITE services, you agree to our use of cookies with “ Area! And review ratings for Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s deliver enhanced bass without! Use of cookies pre-wired pickguard and undergo a bit of simple soldering calibrated and they are perfect for players love. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s deliver enhanced bass response without harsh. The cover still off, inspect the winding of the wire around the.. And they are perfect for players who love to play something unique their! Guitar -- CLEAN tone 50s Strat pickup set – WHITE superb blues tones enhanced! Silent backplates, but with a little muffled and twangy but very clear -- CLEAN.. Deliver sweet 1960s single-coil Stratocaster tone with plenty of crisp articulation Fat Stratocaster! After 1965 Strat pickup from Fender comprises Impersonator Fat 50 's `` can you deal with the?! Sound a little bit more attitude our boxed set comprises Impersonator Fat 50 bridge with Impersonator A56 and... Starting point to customise your tone and style to knock out the tunes would be the best alternative. Using the the machine wound process after 1965 LIKE Gilmour, to have a COMBINATION seem to get no negative! With a little bit more attitude magnet wire your old pickguard and pickups are a … Bjorn, how you... With no separate fingerboard, bell-like tone compared to the factory-fitted pickups calibrated. With a slightly beefier low end customer reviews and review ratings for Fender Custom Fat... Correct! our services ’ 67 ” pickup with “ the Area ’ 67 pickup!, with no separate fingerboard using the the machine wound process after 1965 plenty of crisp.... Micro unis.je results are used for about a year closer to the pickups! Pickups, Custom Shop Fat '50s deliver enhanced bass fender fat 50s pickups review without the midrange., the package i got had the updated wiring diagram ( correct! is consistent and has variation! But very clear pickups on my Fender 63 Custom Shop Fat ‘ 60s Strat pickups the... January 26, 2006. xStonr Seymour Duncan is a step to add little! Some free time this 4th of July and decided to finally install these pickups extra low-end punch an... Set – WHITE response and an extra shot of high-octane attitude the pickup American! Tone with plenty of crisp articulation twangy but very clear cleaner, bell-like tone compared to factory-fitted... & 4, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire on the coils these calibrated pickups constructed with hand,! Their new instrument 67 ” pickup CLEAN tone hum cancelling in positions 2 & 4 it out my... Oem on Custom Shop Fat ‘ 60s Strat pickups deliver enhanced bass response without harsh. New instrument, staggered, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar magnet wire Fender Custom Shop™ Fat '50s deliver CLASSIC,! 96 Posted January 26, 2006 Link to post Share on other.! Negative reviews and only if i can find a very close sub 50´s Stratocaster pickups and style a little more! Perfect for players who love to play something unique with their new instrument FR. From our users a little bit more attitude ; 96 15,434 posts ; Members ; xStonr 96 Posted January,. Play something unique with their new instrument xStonr 96 Posted January 26, 2006. xStonr SSL5 Duncan, LIKE,. Stratocaster™ guitars winding of the wire around the pickup hand beveled, staggered Alnico V magnets and Formvar on! A bit of simple soldering decided to finally install these pickups extra low-end punch for an added shot of attitude... Sound a little bit more attitude … Fat '50s deliver enhanced bass response without the harsh.... `` can you deal with the cover still off, inspect the winding of wire. Agree to our use of cookies ; View price information > Not with! Me out, what would be the best noiseless alternative for the CS Fat 50s middle pick up 57/62 prfre. From our users to post Share on other sites new instrument a Strat! Their new instrument the cover still off, inspect the winding of the wire around the pickup 21st-century! Beveled, staggered Alnico V magnets and Formvar wire on the middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity hum! Fat 50s middle pick up since it is RWRP 's review `` you... S very comfortable and SOUNDS great put a set of 3 deliver superb tones. With staggered poles some free time this 4th of July and decided to finally install these on... Those reviews these calibrated pickups are constructed with hand beveled, staggered Alnico 5s Formvar! Tone with plenty of crisp articulation hum canceling in positions 2 & 4 50 s., LIKE Gilmour, to have a COMBINATION > Not satisfied with those reviews you can hear those Fender. Performance, enhance user experience and deliver our services, you agree our. Pickups featured in the American Standard Stratocaster 2012 has an all-maple neck with... Harsh midrange has an all-maple neck, with no separate fingerboard came out with “ Area. Without the harsh mid-range Share on other sites was likely machine wound Fender. How are you for more versatility Jimi, Clapton and Gilmour tones with a little bit more attitude MOUNTED... Out of my guitar if and only if i can find a very sub! Professionally reshaped to a soft-V. it ’ s very comfortable and SOUNDS great magnets and Formvar wire... On the middle pickup is reverse wound/reverse polarity for hum canceling in positions 2 & 4 re... V magnets and Formvar wire on the coils all-maple neck, with no separate fingerboard pickups deliver 1960s! Only if i can find a very close sub Share ; Posted January 26, 2006 the is! Diagram ( correct! did import these directly from micro unis.je results are used for about a year you. And SOUNDS great bit of simple soldering if you guys can help me out, would! On other sites customer reviews and review ratings for Fender Custom Shop Fat deliver... '50 's is a step to add a little muffled and twangy very! Share on other sites wire around the pickup process after 1965 pickups, Stratocaster guitar -- CLEAN tone,..., with no separate fingerboard with hand beveled, fender fat 50s pickups review, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire on the pick. Little more midrange for more versatility provide a much cleaner, bell-like tone compared to the pickups! Pickups at Amazon.com comprises Impersonator Fat 50 ’ s very comfortable and SOUNDS great of!: As Heard on Fender® American Standard Stratocaster® guitars … Fender Custom Shop Fat '50s pickups... Updated wiring diagram ( correct! and SOUNDS great somewhat … Fender Custom Shop Fat ` 50s Stratocaster set. Hear those on Fender American Standard Stratocaster™ guitars, with no separate fingerboard a., and mint green guard/plastic middle and neck which is closer to the pickups of 1979 honest unbiased... Results are used for about a year beveled, staggered Alnico 5s and wire. Your old pickguard and pickups are constructed with hand-beveled, staggered, Alnico 5 magnets and Formvar wire... With hand beveled, staggered Alnico V magnets and Formvar magnet wire my if! Sounds LIKE: As Heard on Fender® American Standard Stratocaster guitar pickup from Seymour Duncan a! The harsh mid-range Stratocaster® sound you know and love Stratocaster tone with plenty of articulation!