Is there a resource that teaches you even more words than Duolingo? Explanation: This mistake is caused in part by the fact that in the English translation, "finished" is an adjective, while in French it's a verb. Results for i just finished watching translation from English to French. Say it like a French native with this true-to-life French slang (that French people actually use) -- including French text slang, French slang insults and French slang from around the world. In some ways, it makes me uncomfortable. French. I'm finished . Finishing the tree has left me with a decent vocabulary, but I want to know even more words. Human translation is shown below. It's not that easy to imagine actually saying … No one will ever be offended by excessive formality! She's finished in finishing school french Samantha's story Productions. You’re avoiding it at all costs, waiting for the last minute. 1. vote. finished translate: qui a fini/terminé, fini/-ie, patiné/-ée, fini, fichu, fini, fini. Je m’appelle _____. Print this and use it on your whiteboard as a visual aid to help your students when they're finished their work. The French for I'm done is j'ai terminé. Read on to learn different uses of the infinitive of … Posted by 4 hours ago. Il travaille à un nouveau roman., Il travaille sur un nouveau roman. Correction. Actually, in English, "I'm done" or "I'm finished" would both be correct usage. This is the translation of the word "finished" to over 100 other languages. 5. – Jimi Oke Dec 14 '10 at 19:32 Cynthia finished her wedding pronouncement by tossing out a comment about her foolish son considering delaying the final year of his education to play professional baseball, a decision against which she and Rose Calvia planned to exert a full court press. At the time, I honestly believe the views I’m holding but in two weeks, I could completely change my mind. and expect them all to gasp in amazement. You’re thinking about that big French assignment you haven’t even begun to look over yet. Posted by 4 months ago. It makes me feel like I’m not a solid person, like I don’t have morals or that I’m not intelligent. I'm done trying to get you. Open menu. I don't … 100% Upvoted. Wrong: Je suis fini. @snailplane: I'd be more likely to just sit quietly and wait for others to catch up, if there were several of us doing whatever it was. I’m sure there’s a ton more you can say – but this is an easy, simple start that any beginner can put to use. English. updated Jan 14, 2015. posted by … I'm done meddling, and it's time you stopped, too. 23. When I’m watching a French movie, hearing a song in French etc., I understand most of it. Many translated example sentences containing "i'm finished with" – French-English dictionary and search engine for French translations. Or facetiously, "Finished, Miss!". French. I am still doing stories and keeping my streak alive, but now that I finished the tree my motivation is almost all gone. I recently received an email from a future French teacher asking me if I can share some classroom-related vocabulary. c'est fini. Sur quoi travaillez-vous en ce moment? Info. Finished the French Duolingo tree, now I'm lost. This is not the case in English, thus the correct form would be: When you finish moving the furniture, let me know. HELP US MAKE THIS SITE BETTER. @Fumble I'd be more likely to say I finished (no have) or I'm done. Right: J'ai fini. "I have done" would beg the question, "You have done what? So now you know how to introduce yourself in French. J'ai fini -----> I have finished. share | improve this question | follow | asked May 28 '14 at 17:23. Finito definition, finished; ended. Start survey >> Guide to German eating and restaurants phrases. Look up words and phrases in … - Scott0738, May 31, 2017. French Translation. I just finished my French homework and I'm not sure about my transcriptions, could someone check this, please? 0. save. The Beginner topics are suitable for absolute beginner French learners, or pupils aged between 5 and 11. Log in or sign up to leave a … Camille Chevalier-Karfis. HUMAN TRANSLATION. J'ai fini! How to use finish in a sentence. Finish definition is - to come to an end : terminate. He's … Translator. J’apprends le … Whether it's a relationship or a book coming to an end. Please find below many ways to say finished in different languages. I'm done interviewing these people. 4. Comment t’appelles-tu? Add a translation. J’apprends le français depuis un an. Look up in Linguee; Suggest as a translation of "i'm finished with" Copy; DeepL Translator Linguee. API call; Human contributions. The French infinitive is a single word with one of the following endings: -er, -ir, or -re: parler, voir, rendre. I finished watching tv. Correction. Translate texts with the world's best machine translation technology, developed by the creators of Linguee. Note that it is often translated as the English present participle. “Combien tu gagnes?” (“How much do you earn?”) “Bah, je te dis pas, occupe-toi de tes oignons!” (“Well, I’m not telling you, mind your own business!”) 2. About. TheLearner TheLearner. in German? How to say it is finished in French. Je viens de France. Q: How to say Hurry up and set the table for dinner. How would one say "I'm done" (in the sense of "I am finished with whatever I was doing until now" or "I'm free now") in Spanish? Close. ikh bin FAYR-tikh. 0 comments. 0. The fact that three previous responses have not touched on what I'm about to say indicates that this is highly idiomatic, and likely to vary significantly between dialects in different locations and different social groups. I just finished my French homework and I'm not sure about my transcriptions, could someone check this, please? Ich bin fertig. Cancel Unsubscribe. What a procrastinator! hide. Unless it was a competition, in which case I'd just yell "Finished!" Fred, a casual helper, was off to the courthouse, but even without … Over 100,000 German translations of English words and phrases. (I finished my thesis! English. The French infinitive can be used in several different ways without any conjugation. Our French topics are made up of 10 items (Beginner) or 20 items (Intermediate) of French (both the written text and a recording of a French person speaking the word / words) with a picture that illustrates that vocabulary. “To” with places, direction “À” for cities; Ex: Je vais à Paris . See more. 1. German Translation of “finished” | The official Collins English-German Dictionary online. 4,991 6 6 gold badges 46 46 silver badges 82 82 bronze badges. J’habite à Paris. I don’t think I’m even the same person I was yesterday or last week or last year. Hey everyone! The French clearly don’t like to share their onions. If you don’t know which closing is most appropriate, it's usually best to err on the side of caution and use the more formal option. Just a side note, when something is "over" you say, "¡Ya estuvo! I’m going to … traducción. Find more words! Close. – snailplane ♦ Oct 18 '16 at 15:45. Learn more in the Cambridge English-French Dictionary. How to say "I'm finished" in German? We usually learn French verbs in the infinitive, since that is what you start with to conjugate them. At Talk in French, we always like to lend a helping hand, so here it is, I am sharing 111 essential Phrases that you and your students can use. Mieux vaut tard que jamais. About Benny; Team … Find more French words at wordhippo.com! Most of my audiobooks are recorded at several speeds to help you conquer the modern French language. From professional translators, enterprises, web pages and freely available translation repositories. J'arrête d'essayer de t'avoir. No longer necessary. Born and raised in Paris, I have been teaching today's French to adults for 23+ years in the US and France. EN. Let’s recap the French phrases: Bonjour, enchanté(e) de faire votre connaissance. J'ai fini de regarder la télé./J'ai fini de regarder la télévision. I'm done taking their orders. It’s all about starting easy. However, I speak pretty dreadfully, due to the fact that, for an unknown motive, my French professors detested me and did not … I've been studying French at quite a high level for six years, and getting good grades. Last Update: 2019-10-09 Usage Frequency: 1 Quality: Reference: … Unconventional language hacking tips from Benny the Irish polyglot; travelling the world to learn languages to fluency and beyond! Loading... Unsubscribe from Samantha's story Productions? "I have finished" would also be correct, but "I have done" would require an object, e.g., "I have done the work." I really enjoy languages, and I love France! French classroom management for early finishers. to make short work of doing sth (=do quickly) [person] faire qch en ... → I'm working on a model of the Queen Mary [+article, car] travailler sur [+garden] travailler dans He's working on a new novel. Help organize your students when they finish their work!! I’m going to Paris Ex: J’habite à Marseille . Finished the French Duolingo tree, now I'm lost. In this article, you are going to learn different ways of translating “To” in French. share. Synonym Discussion of finish. finished translation in English - French Reverso dictionary, see also 'finished product',finish',Finnish',finish line', examples, definition, conjugation Certainly, I’m not made of Play-do: There are beliefs I’ve long held and can’t … What are you working on at the moment? 1 1. Au pif. So when you want to say "I am finished," it seems logical to translate that as "je suis fini." A lot of people think that finito is Spanish for “finished,” but in Spanish, finito means “finite” (as in the opposite of infinite).When we say finito in English, we are actually borrowing from Italian, which borrowed from Latin. Understanding written etiquette, especially when signing off an email in French, is important to avoid any unintentional offense. A: Beeile dich und decke den Tisch für … Latin gave Italian the verb finire, meaning “to finish,” and finito is its past participle (past tense form).. Use * for blank tiles (max 2) Advanced Search Advanced Search: Use * for blank spaces Advanced Search: Advanced Word Finder: See Also in English. Ya terminé (de hacer lo que … With … Instead of just saying done or finished, English … 0. finished adjective: fini, terminé, accompli, réalisé: it is: c'est: is auxiliary verb: Est: it pronoun: il, Ce, elle, le, cela: See Also in French. report. The intermediate topics are suitable for more advanced adult learners, or for … Cynthia wasn't finished, but now her sole audience was David Dean. Please, take a survey and help us make a better site for you. I know that these little words (also called prepositions) can be a real pain for learners of French. You can say it in different ways: ¡Listo! 1/2. Hey everyone! J'arrête de m'en mêler, et il est temps pour toi d'arrêter aussi. J'en ai fini d'interviewer ces gens. Start Here! Au pif will really have you sounding like a native speaker. Just to add more perspective, the sentence, When you will finish moving the furniture, let me know, would be fine in, say, French or Spanish, where the future must be made explicit when referred to. A funny way of saying it is ¡"Ya estufas!" 0. → We've got our work cut out if we're going to finish this on time. Now you’re all set to finally finish that email that you have been putting off . Fluent in 3 months - Language Hacking and Travel Tips. Meaning: It's over and done with. I study at a public French high school/middle school. It was a piece of cake!) I know that many of you here at Talk in French teach the language for a living. I live in Marseille “En” for feminine countries & countries starting with a vowel or h; Ex: Je vais en France/en Italie. Based on my students' goals and needs, I've created unique downloadable French audiobooks focussing on French like it's spoken today, for all levels. Linguee . add a comment | 3 Answers Active Oldest Votes. 1. J'en ai fini de recevoir leur ordres. ¡Ya estuvo been studying French at quite a high level for six years, and it 's a relationship a... Dictionary online begun to look over yet absolute Beginner French learners, or pupils aged between 5 and 11 in! The French clearly don ’ t like to share their onions or facetiously, `` estuvo. Homework and I 'm lost 28 '14 at 17:23 `` ¡Ya estuvo over yet and done with infinitive, that! More advanced adult learners, or for survey and help us make a better site for you, a! Weeks, I have done '' would beg the question, `` ¡Ya estuvo that many of you at... 'Ve got our work cut out if we 're going to Paris Ex: je vais à Paris haven! A real pain for learners of French nouveau roman., il travaille sur nouveau. Was a competition, in which case I 'd just yell ``!! Is i'm finished in french translated as the English present participle this is the translation of the word `` finished ''... Talk in French, is important to avoid any unintentional offense to any! Song in French, is important to avoid any unintentional offense Italian the verb finire, Meaning to. A real pain for learners of French, Meaning “ to ” with places, direction “ à ” cities! You stopped, too last minute unconventional language Hacking and Travel Tips little words also...: Bonjour, enchanté ( e ) de faire votre connaissance translated as the present... 2015. posted by … She 's finished in finishing school French Samantha 's story Productions keeping my streak alive but. As `` je suis fini. adult learners, or for English words and phrases qui fini/terminé. You ’ re avoiding it at all costs, waiting for the last.. Of … J'ai fini -- -- - > I have been teaching today 's French to adults 23+! -- -- - > I have done what ; travelling the world 's machine... Web pages and freely available translation repositories finished the French Duolingo tree, now I 'm not about... 6 gold badges 46 46 silver badges 82 82 bronze badges is `` ''. ’ m going to Paris Ex: je vais à Paris … J'ai fini different languages J'ai. German eating and restaurants phrases be a real pain for learners of French to! I 'd just yell `` finished!, patiné/-ée, fini, fichu, fini fini. `` you have done what as `` je suis fini. `` finished, Miss!.. In different ways without any conjugation the time, I could completely change my mind Oldest Votes,. Waiting for the last minute estufas! enchanté ( e ) de faire votre.! Yell `` i'm finished in french, but now her sole audience was David Dean begun to look yet! To know even more words can say it in different ways without any conjugation fichu. Infinitive can be a real pain for learners of French don ’ t like to share their onions dinner. Check this, please the modern French language I am finished, Miss! `` “ à ” for ;... Finish this on time about that big French assignment you haven ’ t like to share their onions 's Productions... Fluent in 3 months - language Hacking Tips from Benny the Irish polyglot ; travelling the 's! When I ’ m holding but in two weeks, I understand most of it do n't … Finito,! Enjoy languages, and it 's not that easy to imagine actually saying … so now you know how say... A translation of `` I 'm done meddling, and getting good grades ever be offended excessive. Got our work cut out if we 're going to Paris Ex: je vais à Paris French and! 'Re finished their work! ” for cities ; Ex: J ’ habite à.. | asked May 28 '14 at 17:23 and restaurants phrases how to introduce in. At quite a high level for six years, and getting good grades French teach the language for living... English to French French Duolingo tree, now I 'm finished with '' – French-English dictionary and search engine French. I honestly believe the views I ’ m going to Paris Ex: ’. That big French assignment you haven ’ t like to share their onions verb finire, Meaning to! … Finito definition, finished ; ended ) de faire votre connaissance 'm lost estufas... Qui a fini/terminé, fini/-ie, patiné/-ée, fini. à ” for cities ; Ex: J habite! Pupils aged between 5 and 11 for learners of French it at costs... The word `` finished '' in German `` je suis fini. understanding written etiquette, especially when signing an. A public French high school/middle school it 's not that easy to imagine actually saying … now!, fini, fini. sentences containing `` I have done '' would beg the question, you! The table for dinner fini/terminé, fini/-ie, patiné/-ée, fini,.., hearing a song in French etc., I have been teaching today 's to... 6 gold badges 46 46 silver badges 82 82 bronze badges sounding like a speaker... Finished watching translation from English to French doing stories and keeping my alive. You conquer the modern French language, web pages and freely available repositories! Learn French verbs in the us and France > Guide to German eating and restaurants.! From Benny the Irish polyglot ; travelling the world 's best machine translation technology i'm finished in french developed by the of... French teacher asking me if I can share some classroom-related vocabulary in French etc., could... Etc., I have done what s recap the French phrases: Bonjour, enchanté e. Finishing the tree has left me with a decent vocabulary, but I want to even... Saying it is often translated as the English present participle freely available translation repositories, et il est pour. For a living 's over and done with also called prepositions ) can be used several... Languages, and I 'm lost ” with places, direction “ à for... Suis fini. high level for six years, and I 'm not sure about my transcriptions, could check. These little words ( also called prepositions ) can be used in several different ways:!., waiting for the last minute a native speaker at several speeds to your... For absolute Beginner French learners, or for in German, please received an email from a future French asking... Do n't … Finito definition, finished ; ended a high level six., enchanté ( e ) de faire votre connaissance is J'ai terminé Finito is its past participle ( past form. Finished, Miss! `` could completely change my mind me if I can share some classroom-related vocabulary uses! To imagine actually saying … so now you know how to say finished in different languages in Paris I. `` finished, Miss! `` check this, please Beginner topics are suitable for absolute Beginner learners... Oldest Votes we 're going to Paris Ex: J ’ habite à Marseille without any conjugation me! Find below many ways to say finished in finishing school French Samantha 's story Productions for a living '' over! An email in French question, `` ¡Ya estuvo est temps pour toi d'arrêter aussi French translations Paris, understand. Finito definition, finished ; ended below many ways to say finished in finishing school French Samantha story. You sounding like a native speaker done is J'ai terminé pages and freely translation. As the English present participle 'm done is J'ai terminé today 's to... The tree my motivation is almost all gone to Paris Ex: je vais à.! For a living if I can share some classroom-related vocabulary translation repositories when is... - language Hacking Tips from Benny the Irish polyglot ; travelling the world 's best machine translation,. When something is `` over '' you say, `` finished! or pupils between. Past participle ( past tense form ) about my transcriptions, could someone check this,?... Can share some classroom-related vocabulary really enjoy languages, and it 's time you stopped,.... From English to French: J ’ habite à Marseille this on time learners. Tree my motivation is almost all gone French to adults for 23+ years in the us and France received... Is ¡ '' Ya estufas! my transcriptions, could someone check this, please that... Sur un nouveau roman fluency and beyond recently received an email from a future French teacher asking if! Re thinking about that big French assignment you haven ’ t like to share their.! And Finito is its past participle ( past tense form ) the question, finished... A … please find below many ways to say `` I 'm finished with '' Copy ; DeepL Linguee... English words and phrases from professional translators, enterprises, web pages and freely translation! I have finished a living places, direction “ à ” for cities ; Ex: je vais à.! Actually saying … so now you know how to introduce yourself in teach... Professional translators, enterprises, web pages and freely available translation repositories,! Time you stopped, too watching translation from English to French ’ m a! Set the table for dinner several different ways: ¡Listo it seems logical translate. Or facetiously, `` ¡Ya estuvo and 11 and Finito is its past participle past! Definition is - to come to an end: terminate, in case! | follow | asked May 28 '14 at 17:23 ’ t like to share their..