It’s like knitting nirvana. It’s sweater weather, and there are apple cider donuts. ), and picking a winner for the giveaway! A couple members from the Frequent Fibers Club at my local library went for a drive to Rhinebeck, NY for the annual Sheep and Wool Festival. I doubt you’ll have seen anything like this before! 6636 Route 9, Rhinebeck, NY 12572, USA - See the full schedule of events happening Oct 17 - 20, 2019 and explore the directory of Authors, Instructors & Attendees. Sponsored by the Dutchess County Sheep & Wool Growers, the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival returns to the Dutchess Fairgrounds October 17 through 20, with the grounds open free on Thursday and Friday and a $12 entry fee on either Saturday or Sunday and $17 for a full weekend pass. Knitting, spinning (! Image from meetup.com. Next, I selected several patterns I wanted to knit…even though I had yarn in stash for them! It’s Rhinebeck. For the past three years, I have driven down to Rhinebeck for the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. It’s the third weekend of October, and as most every knitter knows, this is the weekend of the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY. Held every October since 1980, Sheep & Wool has become a viral sensation in recent years, becoming the annual can’t-miss event for online influencers, bloggers, and vloggers. After a 4-year absence I got the chance to hit the NY Sheep and Wool Festival, aka Rhinebeck, again. The Festival theme will be “Staying Home and Staying Safe until 2022”. No Pets Policy, Rain or Shine! We’re glad you are here to help us celebrate all things sheep and wool, apart yet together. Stay tuned for details of how to shop our farm’s offerings online, keeping everyone safe and healthy. Sched.com Conference Mobile Apps. We began at the alpaca barn. This mix of agricultural fair and yarn expo is a fun event for everyone. The New York Sheep & Wool Festival, a.k.a. Oct 20th. Tag Archives: rhinebeck sheep and wool. Amber and I just returned from a long weekend in upstate New York where we went to the New York Sheep and Wool Festival which is commonly referred to in knitting circles as Rhinebeck. Rhinebeck is a wool festival similar to our Estes Park Wool Market--only times 1,000. If you are in the area, be sure to stop by their vendor booth featuring leather handles, bags, bag finishing hardware, books, patterns and leather accessories! Please check with the event venue or promoter for more information. Rhinebeck or simply Sheep & Wool, invites farmers, makers, families, and friends to the Dutchess County Fairgrounds for a weekend of wooly goodness. Rhinebeck (village), New York; Rhinebeck (town), New York; Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, a living museum in Red Hook, New York; Rhinebeck and Connecticut Railroad; New York State Sheep and Wool Festival, held in Rhinebeck, New York; See also. Tag Archives: Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival Warning! It would have been challenging to attend Rhinebeck in a context of building occupancy limits or limited attendance and still have made the revenue we need to cover expenses. Mark your calendar and start the countdown, its Rhinebeck time again! 9. Sat 19 October 2019 Saturday 19 October 2019 5:00 AM - 11:00 PM . For those of you who don't know the Sheep and Wool Festival is on the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck, New York and it takes place on the weekend. Or just ‘Beck’ if you’re cool. It is usually the third full weekend in October every year. Rhinebeck Week :: In the Kitchen. It is one of the largest wool and fiber events in the country. Reinbek Rhinebeck may refer to: . See more ideas about rhinebeck, sheep and wool festival, sheep. Last on my list of things to do in Rhinebeck NY, it’s the Sheep and Wool festival. It’s almost here: New York State Sheep and Wool Festival 2019, the most woolyful time of the year! Posted on October 17, 2015 by knitigatingcircumstances. And you may even meet a few along your way through the stalls at Rhinebeck….. The NY Sheep and Wool Festival was held this year on October 19 & 20. Ysolda Teague brings together eleven designer friends, including Gudrun Johnston, Amy Herzog and Mary Jane Mucklestone, to share the sweaters they would wear to Rhinebeck, the site of the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival. Thats right! 12 projects by Ysolda and friends inspired by the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival. The first time I went, I only spent the Saturday there, but after spending the weekend in 2008, I knew I’d have to continue making a serious vacation of this experience. Then I allowed for 2 skeins with no plan! Dutchess County Sheep And Wool Festival Due to the escalation of the coronavirus outbreak, local community events may be postponed or canceled. I heard the expected attendance could be as high as 40,000 people. Here is a great list of things you can find at a festival. Branding project re-imagining of the most popular sheep and wool festival in the United States, currently known as “NY State Sheep and Wool Festival,” and colloquially referred to as Rhinebeck. The 48th annual festival will be held on May 1st and 2nd, 2021, with most events happening online. For many knitters, myself included, the New York Sheep and Wool festival (lovingly referred to as Rhinebeck) is the stuff of dreams: for one glorious weekend, knitters gather in upstate New York for a fall festival celebrating all things sheep and wool. NY State Sheep And Wool Festival • Dutchess County Fairgrounds 6550 Spring Brook Ave. • Rhinebeck, NY 12572 Rhinebeck, NY, United States - See the full schedule of events happening Oct 19 - 22, 2017 and explore the directory of Authors, Instructors & Attendees. It’s like knitting nirvana. First off, it is HUGE and a little overwhelming! I'm sure Saturday was the bulk of the crowd as we found it harder to move around , as there were lots of people everywhere. Let me tell you there was so much to see, touch and even smell! What truly saved me was a study of this year’s vendors before arriving. Rhinebeck, NY 12572. For the last week or so Facebook has been reminding me on a daily basis of all the good times I have had with friends over the years at the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival . If you haven’t been to a festival, I suggest you look up your closest one and go to it! It housed several cheerful, curious, and well-tended animals as well as what I must confess was a rather uninspiring array of yarns and fibers that looked nearly identical from one vendor to the next. Williamsburg, VA, November 3, 2019 – The Flying Needles invites you to pack your bags and join us for a ROADTRIP to the US’s largest Fiber Festival… the New York Sheep & Wool Festival at Rhinebeck! The NYS Sheep & Wool Festival at Rhinebeck, NY is going to be VIRTUAL for 2020. The NYS Sheep and Wool Festival: Vendor On-line Registration: To get started enter your email and password. Leave a comment. Sheep and Wool, or 'Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool' or officially NEW YORK STATE SHEEP AND WOOL FESTIVAL is one of the country's premier fiber events hosted every year on the third weekend in October at the Dutchess County fairgrounds. Welcome to the DCSWA Board and Festival Committee Vendor Registration Site The Sheep & Wool Family Festival hosts a myriad of activities for family members of all ages. Sched.com Conference Mobile Apps 2019 NY State Sheep and Wool Festival has ended OK, so this may be a little niche for lots of visitors, but it’s worth checking it out if you happen to be in the area when the festival is taking place. WEST FRIENDSHIP, Maryland, December 4, 2020 -- For the second year in a row, the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival will be held virtually. Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool festival!!!! The Sheep and Wool festival . For many knitters, myself included, the New York Sheep and Wool festival (lovingly referred to as Rhinebeck) is the stuff of dreams: for one glorious weekend, knitters gather in upstate New York for a fall festival celebrating all things sheep and wool. Sched.com Conference Mobile Apps 2019 NY State Sheep and Wool Festival has ended Some trips were planned, some very last minute, but all involved precious memories of friends and yarn. For that true, hanging-out-with-all-of-your best-fiber-buds experience (including friends you haven’t even met yet), head over to our Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival Online Community Facebook group or visit the 2020 Virtual Online Festival thread on Ravelry. Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool Festival. And let us not forget….. the SHEEP! Wool & fiber crafts, sheep shearing demonstrations, frisbee & Sheep Dog Herding demos, Harvest Demonstration Kitchen, specialty foods and wine tasting! Podcast Show Notes. Aug 4, 2018 - My big holiday!. One may enter their prized sheep, wool, meat, yarn and many other categories to be judged… and sold, at this festival to honor all things SHEEP related. Rhinebeck Fiber Festival, Oct. 16-18, 2020. Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival: 845-876-4000 The NYS Sheep & Wool Festival Dutchess City Fairgrounds 6550 Spring Brook Ave Rhinebeck, NY 12572 Dutchess County FREE Unless otherwise noted The New York Sheep and Wool Festival offer activities and attractions for kids and adults. Franklin Fiber Episode 29: Good Citizen. This year was my first year at Rhinebeck…not my first sheep and wool fest. Vendor Registration. There were over 260 vendors, not counting the food. Earlier in June, we were informed that VT Sheep and Wool Festival was also cancelled for 2020. Rhinebeck Memories Good morning and happy Saturday! 6636 Route 9, Rhinebeck, NY 12572, USA - See the full schedule of events happening Oct 17 - 20, 2019 and explore the directory of Authors, Instructors & Attendees. Nov 15 2014. NY Sheep and Wool Festival… or, Rhinebeck 2012! It’s sweater weather, and there are apple cider donuts. Return To Main Website . 12 projects by Ysolda and friends inspired by the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival.Ysolda Teague brings together eleven designer friends, including Gudrun Johnston, Amy Herzog and Mary Jane Mucklestone, to share the sweaters they would wear to Rhinebeck, the site of the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival. It’s a Flying Needles ROAD TRIP & YOU ARE INVITED! Yarnies often refer to this simply as 'Rhinebeck.' This post is not about Rhinebeck! Check out the schedule for 2017 NY Sheep and Wool Festival. In 2021, you’ll be able to come and visit us in Building 31, Booth 21 at the Duchess County Fairgrounds for the New York State Sheep & Wool Festival. Yes! Ended. Pat and Madelyn will be attending the New York State Sheep & Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY. Although many were in attendance, the show still had more of a fiber focus than, say, the 4H-heavy Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. It was our first time attending and it was amazing.