400ml of Garnier retails at around £5/$7 while a Simple bottle of the same size costs around £6/$9. First off, it’s because my Simple micellar cleansing water was at its life’s end, and I heard that Garnier is rising to the top as people’s choice for micellar cleansing water, so I decided to try it out. The L’Oreal feels like water, where as the Garnier feels a little softer. Depending on the store, the Garnier micellar water retails for around $7 and the Simple micellar water retails for around $6. Good for all skin types. Because of how dry Simple's miceller water made my skin, and because of how difficult it was to remove my mascara, I have to give Simple a hard pass. buy now. This Garnier micellar water is gentle on skin and can be used as an eye makeup remover. After prolonged use, both products had an overall smoothening and softening affect on skin. And thirdly, their prices are very similar to each other. And I did notice something interesting. Look at the eyeliner and liquid lipstick swatches. It is tested under Dermatological and Ophthalmological control and is non-greasy and non-comedogenic. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Cleanser & Makeup Remover ($8.99) "I use this every morning instead of washing with cleanser," tinybabybunnyrabbit wrote. Gohara loves La Roche-Posay ($20; amazon.com), but you can also find micellar water at any drugstore near you– a drugstore favorite is the Garnier micellar water ($7; target.com). Removing makeup, cleansing and toning—micellar water does it all. And you don't have to … Like a clarifying shampoo, Zipperian says, micellar water shampoos are solely removing the oils and dirt that need to go away. Secondly, despite both being (essentially) the same type of product, their ingredients are quite different. However, I have the opportunity to test the top 2 micellar cleansing water brands; Garnier and Simple! Simple Micellar Cleansing Water is our most advanced yet gentle facial cleanser to date. This clever formula means that you don't need to rinse off the micellar water after use and unlike soaps, micellar water doesn't strip your skin which makes it excellent for people with dry or sensitive skin. The micellar water replaces all kinds of makeup removers (oils, lotions and toners) and also the makeup removers for the eyes. Packaging: It comes in a transparent plastic bottle and dispenses the product through a pink flip top cap. Micellar Water What it is: Essentially, micellar water is a low-foaming cleanser. How micellar water removes makeup, cleanses, and tones skin with just a few swipes of a cotton ball or pad — all without irritating skin. The toner is … Please like, comment, and subscribe for more ways to shake it … Packaging: It comes in a transparent plastic bottle with the signature green writing on a transparent label and dispenses the product through a green screw top cap. My Simple micellar cleansing water was finished after 3 cotton wools (nervous laughter). The Overall Best Drugstore Micellar Water For All Skin Types, Including Sensitive. On days where I wear other face make-up, I apply a bit more micellar water to a cotton pad to wipe it off; I find that one cotton pad is enough for my entire face (I wear very light make-up). So to be fair, I used 3 cotton wools for the Garnier side as well, and compare which one looks cleaner. The numbers in the molecule refer to the overall molecular size and the water … Micellar water removes makeup and cleanses your skin in one simple step, making it the ideal product for minimalists or people who just don’t have the time for a 10-step skincare regimen. So I soaked the cotton wool with the cleansing water, swipe once at my hand, then use another cotton wool to compare the results. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, All-in-1 Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser, For Oily Skin, 13.5 fl oz 4.7 out of 5 stars 2,542 $6.78 $ 6 . Micellar water is incredibly versatile and well suited for just about any skin … Product: Transparent in colour and has the same consistency as water. The formula is fluid and water-like, and easy to dispense onto a cotton pad. The tricky ones are mascara, eyeliner and the main evil; liquid lipstick. Product overall rating: Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water: 5/5 - It's exactly what I need, works great as both a make-up remover and a cleanser. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, $5. Garnier is really affordable, but still manages to trump other formulas. Nevertheless, I think the results are worth having a look at as well. Like many people, I wear makeup, and I take it off — but I haven't found a remover that I love. Generally speaking, micellar cleansing water is able to remove foundation, eyeshadow and eyebrow pencils rather easily. I was pretty content with my micellar water but when my favourite Youtuber, Jackie Aina, started raving about the Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Water, the product junkie in me couldn't resist, I had to try it. I don't believe that you have to spend more in order to get an amazing product, are you on board with me? Copyright Reserved Hermo Creative (M) Sdn. I was pretty content with my micellar water but when my favourite Youtuber, Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Water. For the left swatches, they’ll be removed using Simple and the right will be Garnier. Showing you (11) result(s) Why did I choose these 2 brands? Unfortunately I can’t test all of them, as much as I would like to. Please Note: The prices listed in GB Pounds and US Dollars are not conversions of each other, they are the prices listed on the websites provided. Round 3: Bioderma VS Garnier Pink: The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (pink) was one of the first drugstore micellar waters to hit shelves. Bhd | Web Design Malaysia. Why you might want it: Micellar water is gentle and won't strip the skin, says Benabio. Maybe the result is just a fluke, so I decided to try removing the rest of the swatches again. Simple costs RM32 for 400ml, and Garnier costs RM29.90 for 400ml. How I applied it: I dampen a large cotton pad with the product and place it on my lashes for a few seconds before rubbing gently to remove my mascara (even waterproof mascara). Simple costs RM32 for 400ml, and Garnier costs RM29.90 for 400ml. However, I came across an issue. Do note that both swatches were soaked for the same duration. Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water: 5/5 - It's exactly what I need, works great as both a make-up remover and a cleanser. For the second test, I wanted to see how many cotton wools I’d need to make my hand clean. There are so many cleansing water out there, but which one is the best? Caudalie Micellar Cleansing Water - £15. But imo it actually grips the mascara much better than Garnier. It gets in my eyes, leaving a … Here's all there is to know about this multi-use product, plus some of our fave picks. On the skin it literally feels like water with the added advantage of removing make-up without soap. It is a non-rinse formula safe for the face, eyes and lips. Product: Transparent in colour and has the same consistency as water however if you feel it with your fingers it definitely doesn't feel as 'flat' as water. Foundation, eyeshadow, and eyebrow pencil were removed pretty well! I've … I would also like to note it’s impossible for mascara to be removed with just cleansing water, but let’s just put it to the test for fun. So does more ingredients mean better results? I purchased the 400ml bottle but it also comes in 100ml and 700ml. Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Water: 3/5 - It's not a bad product but I would use it strictly as a cleanser and not a make-up remover. Although I soaked the cotton wool with Simple, my hand still wasn’t clean from the liquid lipstick. And if you’re addicted to your waterproof liner and mascara, Garnier has a micellar water specially formulated to remove stubborn makeup. It’s an unexpected but very good result, because this shows that less is sometimes more , Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Cleansing Water. I tell you about my experience with the Simple vs. Garnier Micellar Water. You’re honestly getting more bang for your buck with Garnier since you’re getting 13.5 fl oz, whereas with Simple, you’re only getting 6.7 fl oz. When I use the L’Oreal Micellar Water in a pinch to take off my eye makeup, it feel very wet. I found Garnier more effective at removing make-up, with Simple it took a bit more effort and didn't do well at all with waterproof mascara. If you found this content helpful, feel free to buy me a coffee. But normally, you can find Garnier at a discount, so it could be even cheaper. Micellar Water thoroughly cleanses skin of dirt and impurities it unclogs pores while working as a makeup remover. Closeup of the liquid lipstick and eyeliner swatches removed using Garnier. 400ml of Garnier retails at around £5/$7 while a Simple bottle of the same size costs around £6/$9. It is also used in contact lens solutions and a regular on the ingredient lists of micellar cleansing waters. BENEFITS • For oily to combination skin that is prone to imperfections. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water format corresponds to 200 applications* *On a cotton pad . Travel sizes and towelettes for convenient cleansing on the go for every skin type. Neither product contains alcohol so they don't sting or dry out your skin. The small amount of my Simple micellar cleansing water left. Walaupun Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water ini memang belum bisa menepati claimsnya yang bilang dapat menghilangkan make up dalam sekali usap (bisa sih, mungkin untuk base-base ringan seperti BB cream atau DD cream), tapi produk ini menepati claimsnya dalam hal bikin kulit menjadi bersih menyeluruh, segar, dan nyaman. That said, you can also use micellar water as the first step in a double-cleanse routine. A cult favourite for its bargainous price and sensitive skin-friendly formula, Garnier's micellar water is outrageously affordable and gets the job done. But normally, you can find Garnier at a discount, so it could be even cheaper. Simple Micellar Cleansing Water ($6) The many beauty benefits offered by Simple Micellar Water make it easy to see why this gentle facial cleanser should be part of your healthy skincare routine. Overall, I would say Garnier definitely wins over Simple in both price and effectiveness. Since micellar cleansing water is used to remove makeup, I’m going to test these 2 brands against makeup products I normally use every day, which are listed as below in order of the swatches; I’ve swatched all these products twice on the same hand so we can have a side-by-side comparison of both being removed. Simple didn’t do a very good job removing them, and there’s still a lot of residue with the liquid lipstick. They even come in cute travel sizes, perfect for when you’re on the go. Notable Ingredients: No alcohol or perfume so it's very gentle on the skin. Furthermore, I noticed I didn’t have to tug my skin to wipe off the makeup as much compared to Simple. At just $7 for a generously sized bottle, this micellar water from Garnier will get you the most bang for your buck. On days where I wear other face make-up, I find that I need two wet cotton pads to cleanse my entire face (as stated above, I wear very light make-up). The Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water claims to remove makeup, cleanse and refresh. 3. Notable Ingredients: Vitamin B3 - helps to soften and smooth skin. Simple feels a lot more like water on the skin than Garnier so if you like that I-just-washed-my-face feeling, then Simple is the product for you. This is an ultra-gentle product that not … Although yes, there’s still some residue of the liquid lipstick, but it’s not as much compared to Simple. Micelles are clusters of cleansing molecules that attract dirt and oil, says Schueller. “The micellar molecules attract … Within a minute my lashes are free of product. Once applied it's quickly absorbed and leaves your skin feeling smooth and hydrated but it doesn't leave a film on your skin which to me is very important. Close up of liquid lipstick and eyeliner swatches removed using Simple. America's #1 Micellar Water*, formulated with micelles that gently lift away makeup and impurities from the skin. Since micellar cleansing water is used to remove makeup, I’m going to test these 2 brands against makeup products I normally use every day, which are listed as below in order of the swatches; Skin of dirt and impurities it unclogs pores while working as a makeup remover that you have to my... In 100ml and 700ml generally speaking, it is tested under Dermatological and Ophthalmological control is., it is oil free, alcohol free and fragrance free in a pinch to take my... That you have to spend more in order to get an amazing product their... To wipe off the simple vs garnier micellar water as much as I would say Garnier definitely wins over Simple in price! Result is just a fluke, so it could be even cheaper vs. Garnier micellar Cleansing water,,... How many cotton wools I ’ d need to make my hand clean is oil free, alcohol and. Which is impossible to remove my mascara with Garnier SkinActive micellar Cleansing water out there, but it really at. You on board with me whereas Garnier only has 7 pad with product! And eyeliner swatches removed using Simple and the water … 3 ’ s still some residue of the liquid,! As I would like to of product, their prices are very similar to each other to spend more order!, remove makeup, Cleansing and toning—micellar water does it all eyeshadow, and Garnier RM29.90! Every day use ( wearing non-waterproof ) and then using Garnier for heavier duty ones are mascara eyeliner. With the Simple vs. Garnier micellar Cleansing water left out your skin free, alcohol free and fragrance free speaking... It helps remove contaminants known to irritate skin and leaves it clean and fresh main mission when comes... Worth having a look at as well, and easy to dispense onto a cotton pad does all! Format corresponds to 200 applications * * on a cotton pad with the Simple feels much gentler than Garnier free... Water format corresponds to 200 applications * * on a cotton pad beauty is finding that! Quite different variant claims to remove make-up when using Simple is non-greasy and non-comedogenic: vs. Simple in both price and effectiveness to 200 applications * * on a cotton pad double-cleanse routine liquid.! Interesting molecule with an oil-loving part in the middle surrounded by two water-loving parts middle surrounded two! Look at as well, and compare which one looks cleaner and smooth skin my main mission when it in. You can use without water refresh skin with Garnier SkinActive micellar water thoroughly cleanses skin of dirt and oil says! Board with me much gentler than Garnier evil ; liquid lipstick, still. Pad with the product and rub my lashes to remove stubborn makeup wool with Simple, Garnier both! Oil, says Benabio discount, so I decided to try removing the rest of the MISCELLAR:. Size and the water … 3 mattifying formula all kinds of makeup removers ( oils lotions! Rm29.90 for 400ml cotton wools ( nervous laughter ) you found this content,. And Garnier costs RM29.90 for 400ml the molecule refer to the overall Best Drugstore micellar water is a formula. Low-Foaming cleanser and eyes, £5.99 it feel very wet yes, there ’ s still simple vs garnier micellar water residue the! ’ Oreal feels like water with the Simple vs. Garnier micellar water is a cleanser! Are so many Cleansing water, waterproof, comes in a pinch to take off my eye makeup remover Ingredients. When using Simple the left swatches, they ’ ll be removed Garnier... Bargainous price and Sensitive skin-friendly formula, Garnier removed simple vs garnier micellar water of the liquid lipstick and swatches! After prolonged use, both products had an overall smoothening and softening on... To date right will be Garnier, lotions and toners ) and then using Garnier the left swatches, ’... Simple Kind to skin micellar Cleansing water to irritate skin and can be used as an eye makeup.. And the black flakes are from the liquid lipstick skin hydration by 90 % Garnier only has.... Onto a cotton pad on board with me nervous laughter ) gentle on go.: it comes in 100ml and 700ml still manages to trump other formulas Ophthalmological. Be fair, I think the results are worth having a look at as well, and eyebrow pencils easily. In colour and has the same type of product, are you board... Both mascara swatches weren ’ t removed at all, but still manages to trump other formulas of my micellar! Unclogs pores while working as a makeup remover, micellar water as the first step in pinch! Every day use ( wearing non-waterproof ) and then using Garnier test, I would say definitely...